Oh the DAMAGE!!! Makes me CRY!!!
AWWWW!!!!!!! AWWWWWW!!!
As I was feeding Jordan this afternoon, I thought Taylin was playing nicely in her room, instead she was giving herself a hair cut! She came running out and said, "Mommy I cut my hair!" And my jaw hit the floor and there were no words that could come out! I was in complete shock and ready to start bawling! I asked her why she did that and she says, "because it was getting too long!" So I put her in the tub to wash all the hair off and I tell her, "Oh Tay you did a number on your hair!" To which she replies, "What number is it?" And all I could say was, "A BIG NUMBER!!!" For the first 20 minutes she was pretty proud of it and then the tears came "I want my hair back!" "I don't want to look like a boy forever!" I immediately called the lady that cuts our hair and said, "HELP!" She had us come in at 3:00! When we got to the salon, Tay was wearing a hat! As she sat up in the chair I asked Alysa (PROFESSIONAL hair cutter) if she was ready and then pulled the hat off! Her jaw also hit the floor and then she says, "No I was not ready for that!" All the ladies in the salon said they have never seen a kid cut their hair so much and so badly! So Alysa did what she could! Which all she could do was even it out a bit and we will be going in every three weeks so Alysa can work her magic!




I am sooo sorry! That is the worst I have ever seen...by far!
ReplyDeleteWOW, I can't believe she did that with "just" scissors..So sorry Kristin. And I felt even more for her when you said SHE felt bad..oh thats so sad, made me want to cry.. ;(
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!!!! I've had the occasional snip of the bangs by my kids, but never anything this extreme! She's still adorable, but I can imagine how hard it is to see her hair that short. (I have to admit I giggled at the "What number is it?" question.) You're such a good mommy not to have a complete meltdown, hang in there! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, Kristin! I am so sorry! You handled it very well though. I would have been freaking out! It's a good thing that she looks so darn cute with hats and headbands.
ReplyDelete