Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fish Tank Incident!

So around a month ago...we had a big incident with our fish tank! About a week prior to this...we finally got rid of our ugly froggies, and got our tank all cleaned up with fun new fishes!! Then the day came....Jordan was down for a nap (thank goodness), Tay was looking at a book on the couch, and I was working out! All of a sudden we hear water hitting the floor! Tay and I look at each other confused...then I see it! Along the side of the fish tank water was shooting out of the side! Tay and I ran around getting towels and buckets to catch the water with! There was not way to stop the water from pouring out of the side, it was a disaster! We did manage to save the fish and we ended up taking them to the pet store...they were so nice to take care of our fish while we waited for our new tank to come! We now have our new tank up and running with our fish back in their home!
This was after the disaster...the water poured out of the side and drained down to this level (it's a 40 gallon tank)! I was so glad that Josh had cleaned the water a week before, so that the nasty frog water wasn't all over my floor! And I was glad our tank decided to do that while I was home...if we would have been gone and that happened, not only would we be replacing our tank, but our floors and furniture as well! Anyways our normal afternoon, turned into quite the adventure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment