So I went to a dentist on Tuesday! He stuffed my dry socket with terrible tasting medicine and gauze! Which made me sick, throwing up, but it was better than the horrible pain! Then I went back yesterday, and he took the gauze out! And guess what? Yep. . . in horrible pain again! SO last night after we got done carving pumpkins, I decided to call Ted Stowe (the root canal guy that I worked for before Taylin was born)! He didn't understand why this dentist took the gauze out! The reason a dry socket happens is because you have lost the blood clot in the socket, which means your bone is exposed to air and all the yucky bacteria in your mouth! And let me tell you. . . IT HURTS LIKE CRAZY, all the way up in my ear! The kind of pain where you think about just removing your head somehow! Haha! So Ted said this gauze and medicine they stuff in the socket should eventually dissolve, but until then it acts as the clot. So to put gauze in there and then take it out the next day, is like removing the clot again, and there is your bone exposed to everything again! OUCH! So he said I could go up to Sheridan today, and he would stuff it for me! Well we woke up to snow this morning, so I called another dentist here in town to see if I could avoid a trip to Sheridan in the snow! This dentist told me since I already went to another dentist he would not work on me. He doesn't want to get involved! I don't care who gets involved! I am in PAIN here, someone just help ME!!! So I called the dentist I have already gone to, and asked if they would leave the gauze in longer! They said no! So ok! I am headed to see Ted at 1:30 in Sheridan! At this point I think I might make a trip to China, if the Chinese could take this pain away! If I would have know taking my wisdom teeth out was going to be like this, I would have left them and dealt with the pain of the one coming through the rough of my mouth!
Oh WOW!!! Sorry to hear that! I hope it feels better now!
ReplyDelete