Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Big Horn Mountain Showdown: Clogging Competition!!

On June 1st and 2nd here in Buffalo, we had the first Big Horn Mountain Showdown...clogging competition!  It was a lot of fun and Shanell did a great job with getting the whole thing put together!!

Several weeks before the competition Taylin told me that we needed to practice everyday so that she could win a trophy!  She had her little heart set on that and really stuck to it, making me practice with her every day...I think this could be a good sign of her dedication and competitive spirit :)

The last real day of clogging before the competition, (I was busy talking to another mom and didn't see exactly way happened)...but I guess Taylin messed up a little bit, and she came running to me crying and pretty much freaking out about messing up, and how she couldn't do the competition because she messed up and she is not ready...I was like wow, I know she can be a bit of a drama queen at times, but I was surprised at how hard she was on herself for messing up a little bit in practice!  Anyways...it only took a minute to calm her down and get her back out on the dance floor!

So the competition started Friday night!  And Tay was pretty darn excited for the whole thing :)  So Friday night Tay and her little team did there Pirate dance!  They did really well...it is a pretty fast paced dance for these little guys, but they learned it and did a pretty good job!  

Make sure you go down to the very bottom of the blog and turn off our blog music so you can her the dance music!  This is their Pirate dance: Taylin is in the black and pink dress :)  The team won a 1st place trophy for this!
After all the dancing Friday night....everyone who was in town for the competition went to the city park for a BarBQ...it was lots of fun with lots of yummy food!!

Then on Saturday boring it started back up again and went all day!  Saturday morning Tay did her freestyle!  I think I was more nervous about this than she was...but she went out there and did awesome!
Here is her freestyle:  The next 2 videos are her freestyle!

 Taylin won a 1st place trophy for her freestyle and qualified for the dance off at the  end of the competition!  So she ended up getting to do her freestyle twice Saturday!!!

Taylin's little team also did their Say Hey dance on Saturday and won another 1st place trophy:
Taylin is in the blue shorts, and cousins, Kaylee and Chase are on each side of her :)

Here are some pictures of Tay receiving her trophy for her freestyle!!




Great job Taylin! 
As I was doing her hair and make-up for the competition, I was thinking ...dang this is a long ways from softball...but thats ok!  I love my girly girl! 
We are so proud of our little performer!

No comments:

Post a Comment