Our Halloween fun started last Thursday with story time at the library! All the kids got to come dressed up in their costumes, they sang lots of fun Halloween songs, stories, had a witches brew, decorated cookies, and trick or treated through the library! So fun!! On Friday Tay and I made Halloween cookies (something she always looks forward too)! Then on Saturday we had our annual "trunk or treat" and chili cook-off at the church! Which is always lots of fun!

Vampire that Josh carved!

Josh usually does most of the pumpkin carving, but this year he carved 1 and I ended up carving 3... I carved these ghosts, a witch (that we didn't get a picture of), and this face (below)! And of course Tay helped! We still have some pumpkin seeds waiting to be roasted, which is our favorite part of carving pumpkins :)

Here are some pictures of the kids ready in their costumes!
Jordan was a little bear this year, and Taylin was Stephanie from the kid show, "Lazy Town"! Although we did have several people ask us if she was Lady Gaga or Nicki Minaj, Josh thought we should just tell people that to see their reactions ;) And her eyelashes were a big hit...thanks to Grandma for sending those...Tay loved them, and was very sad when the crazy wind blew one off and far away right at the end of her trick or treating :(
This boy does not like to hold still for anything!!
These next pictures are from the official day of Halloween! We went on the monster march downtown, which was lots of fun...but there was an insane amount of people, and the line seemed to move rather slowly this year!

Jordan the little bear!

"Stephanie"
This line went all the way down one side of the street and all the way up the other side of the street and wrapped up the street around the court house! Lots and lots of kiddos!!
If you look closely you can also see the line on the other side of main street :)
Shortly after we finally crossed the street and headed up the other side, Jordan started crying and Tay was complaining her candy bucket was heavy and she wanted to go home... so we took off early...but the thing started at 4pm (but we got there at 3:30 to get in line) and by the time Tay was ready to go home just over half way through the monster march it was 5:30...I was ready to go too! So this is how we ended the monster march, with both kiddos in the stroller and me carrying both their candy buckets :) But at least they still look happy! The weather couldn't have been better... it was beautiful! Shortly after we got done, the wind picked up like crazy!
Then once we got home, we started getting trick or treaters right away! And once Josh got home he took Tay out trick or treating around our neighborhood, while Jordan and I stayed home to hand out candy! They weren't gone long, Tay was excited to get back and help hand out candy!
So for those of you who don't know...I am know a coach with Beachbody and I am loving it! I think it is a great company, with lots of potential! I get to help others improve their quality of life through fitness and nutrition, and get to make a little extra money in the process! So I did this last night during all the trick or treating (our neighborhood is very popular on Halloween)! Although I didn't get any takers, but I think it helped get the word out there...and maybe down the road it will pay off!
So if any of you are interested in a challenge let me know :)
Or if you are just interested in any type of exercise program or vitamins, supplement, or a yummy and amazing meal replacement shake...let me know...I would be happy to help you get started :)
And here is a cute video of the kids playing the other night before bed! Make sure you go down to the very bottom of the blog and turn off the music and turn up your sound ...so you can hear the cute giggles :)
We hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween!




No comments:
Post a Comment