Saturday, April 23, 2011

A year ago...

Last night as we dyed Easter Eggs together as a family, I couldn't help but think of this time last year... and how the smell of hard boiled eggs made me want to run to the nearest bathroom! Last Easter I was around 10 weeks pregnant with Jordan, and at the time we were hoping and praying that I would not miscarry again! I remember so badly wanting to somehow be able to look into the future to see if the baby I was carrying would make it into my arms safe and sound! But of course all I could do was pray and trust in my Father in Heaven's plan for us! As I think back to that difficult time in my life, I am overcome by emotions and so so grateful for the sweet little boy we have be blessed with! Like I have said before, he is the answer to so many prayers, and he was definitely worth the wait! He is the happiest little guy I have ever seen! My grocery trips have doubled in time, due to the amount of attention he attracts... he just smiles from ear to ear at everyone (and that is ok with me)! He brings a smile to everyone he sees! He wakes up in the morning smiling and so happy to see Josh and I! And I love how I am greeted with the biggest grins when he wakes up from naps... and as I bring him out of the room, he searches for Taylin. And once he spots her, he gets so excited and smiles so big! These two absolutely adore each other! Although Tay gets on Jordan's nerves after she has been right up in his face all day, you can still see how much he loves his big sister! And she can make him laugh harder than anyone else! It is so fun to watch these two together...I hope their relationship continues to grow and that they will always be close! I am so thankful that I am able to "mom" to these two special spirits! They brighten my days, even though not all days are fun! Last night as I was taking a shower (my relax time), Taylin comes in saying, "Mommy, look at me!" When I peaked out the curtain at her she tells me, "I am CC Jones on Shake It Up!" (She had dressed herself up to look like a character off of a show she likes to watch) I told her she was absolutely gorgeous, and she took off giggling! And I thought to myself, "One day I am gonna miss this! " I know the time will come someday when there will be no kids to interrupt my showers or bath, and I already know I will miss those times so bad! So for now I hope that I can remember this thought, especially during those days that a really long and not so much fun, and just enjoy my children now... before it is too late!



This is Taylin dressed up as CC Jones on Shake It Up! Silly girl!

Watching movies in their tent!
So sweet!
A diaper cake I made this last week for a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment