Monday, December 13, 2010

What a Difference a Year Makes!

The other night as I was thinking about last year during Christmas, I said to Josh, "this time last year was not so much fun!" And he responded, "No it sure wasn't! But now we have our little boy!"
At this time last year I was going through my 4th miscarriage, and it was a very sad and challenging time for me! So I am very thankful for the difference a year can make and the many blessings we have received this year! It has been (overall) an amazing year for our little family! We have our little boy now, and we could not be happier! Yesterday as we met with our bishop for tithing settlement he said, "This little guy was along time coming! Was he worth the wait?" Absolutely he was worth the wait! And as I thought about this during the evening I realized not only was he worth the wait, but while we waited. . . he taught me some many very valuable lessons before he was even born! He (in a since) tested my faith, testimony, and beliefs! Through this trial he taught me what it really meant to turn my heart to the Lord and ask for help. And not only ask for help but to except our Heavenly Fathers plan that He has for us, and have faith in that plan! He taught me what it really meant to have faith and trust in the power of the priesthood and its blessings! He taught me patience! He made me learn that I cannot control everything in my life! I don't think there is anyone who has taught me so much in just a short amount of time! And I am indeed grateful for him, for the blessing he is in our lives! He is the answer to so many tearful prayers! I am so thankful for the sweet spirit both Jordan and Taylin bring into our home! I am grateful for the opportunity that Josh and I have to be parents to these two special little spirits of our Father in Heaven! I hope and pray that I can raise them in a way that would be pleasing to our Heavenly Father! Not only have we been blessed with welcoming Jordan into our family, but we were also able to go to the temple and be sealed as a family this year too! And I can't think of anything that I would ever want more than to be with my family for time and all eternity! What an incredible blessing and opportunity that is! And I am beyond grateful for the peace and love this blessing has brought into our home, marriage, and family! These are just a couple of the big blessings that have come to us this year, but I could go on and on about all the gifts we continually receive from our Father in Heaven! Just to name a couple, we are so thankful for the opportunity Josh has to go to work and provide for our family, so that we may have a warm home to live in and all our needs our met! I am so thankful that I have a hard working husband who enables me to stay home and raise our children! We have been relatively health this year, with two perfect kids! And once again I am so thankful for the difference a year makes! Jordan was a long time coming and I am so blessed that he is here with our family now! I am so happy to be able to spend this Christmas with two cute kiddos! I am grateful for this Christmas season, for Christ and the love He has for all of us! For His sacrifice he made for us, so that we may have eternal life and live with our families forever!

If you missed it and are lost you can go here to read more about Jordan's long time comin'!
http://joshkristintaylinhatch.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-know-this-is-long-but-trust-me-you.htmlBoth Jordan and Tay love this game of running around the house piggy back!
Cute TayTay
Here are videos of Tay's fashion show she put on of us last night


2 comments:

  1. I always look forward to reading your posts! This one sure made me tear up..I am so happy for you guys your an amazing family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! That Taylin is quite the ham! Hey, guess what? I met your brother this weekend. With Natasha Farley! How cute are they? :)

    ReplyDelete