Thursday, September 30, 2010

One thing leads to another. . .

For FHE on Monday night, we read the story about Lehi's Dream, and then I had Josh and Taylin go in her room while I set up "the iron rod" through our house! I tied a string to a dresser in our room and from there made it meander through our house! Along the way there were pieces of paper taped to the string that Tay collected as she went along, which were pictures of things that would help us hold to the "iron rod" (ex: saying prayers, reading scriptures, going to church, being obedient)! After I had it all set up, I turned off all the lights in the house (it was really dark!), then I went and got Josh and Tay and put them at the beginning! Tay had so much fun hanging on to the "rod" to find her way through the house! And at the end of the "rod" was the "tree of life," that I had drawn and taped up! And the "fruit" was chocolate kisses taped to the tree! It was a really fun little activity, and Taylin continues to talk about it! She wanted to put put the tree in her room, so we did. And the next moring she comes out of her room with a chocolatey mouth and says, "Mommy, I tried the fruit! And I like it!" So cute!

SO. . . this fun little activity . . . lead to a . . . . HUGE mess a couple days later . . .
Our "tree of life"
Tay coloring the pictures she collected along her way!
and NOW the MESS that followed a few days later. . .
So a couple days after our fun activity with Lehi's Dream, Tay found the string I had used for the "rod," and decided to make a spider web of her own throughout the house! She had a blast doing it, so I just let her go for awhile! Josh had lots of fun retracing her steps to clean it all up! Josh read the label on the thing of string and we found out that it was about 8 football fields long! And Tay used a good portion of it!
These pictures don't do her spider web justice! It was MASSIVE!!!
Yes. . . we are already decorated for Halloween! Tay and I did that this week! I considered not decorating this year with the baby coming and all, but I am so glad we did! Tay is so excited about all the decorations and had so much fun helping! The older she gets, the holidays just keep getting better! And I love Halloween!!!
And this HUGE mess leads to . . .
One very proud little girl : )
A couple weeks ago, I was telling Josh that I don't remember it being this uncomfortable to bend over to pick things up when I was pregnant with Tay! But then I realized I had a lot less messes to pick up back then : )
This is a diaper cake I made for my sister-in-law, Amy!

Other than getting a few things ready for the baby to come, we have been enjoying a beautiful fall! We have been so luck to be able to enjoy going to the park with temps still in the 80s! Although I get hot rather quickly these days, we will glad take as much of this weather as we can get!! Hope you all are enjoying this fall season as well! Can't believe tomorrow is October!

1 comment:

  1. K! I love your idea for fhe!! I am definitely going to have to steal that idea, Landon would love it!! Cutest diaper cake too, you are sooo talented!

    ReplyDelete