Well. . . since General Conference is this coming weekend on Easter, Taylin got to wear her Easter dress to church yesterday! She was super excited to get to wear her new dress! And after church she told us that "all her guys in nursery really loved her dress!"


Snuggles with Daddy!
Last night we decorated Easter Eggs! Taylin had a blast decorating the eggs!
When we were all done, I asked her if she wanted to eat one? She quickly said yes and picked one up and tried to take a bit, shell and all! So we showed her how you have to peel the shell first. She thought that was pretty neat! Then as she was taking bites of the heard boiled egg, and found the yoke, she was so surprised and said "Mommy I FOUND SOMETHING!" Then she quickly found out that the yoke made her gag, but she loves the egg whites!
When we were all done, I asked her if she wanted to eat one? She quickly said yes and picked one up and tried to take a bit, shell and all! So we showed her how you have to peel the shell first. She thought that was pretty neat! Then as she was taking bites of the heard boiled egg, and found the yoke, she was so surprised and said "Mommy I FOUND SOMETHING!" Then she quickly found out that the yoke made her gag, but she loves the egg whites!
We have been blessed with a very independent, stubborn, determined and of course sweet little girl. Through out the day there are many things that she tries so hard to do herself, and ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT want help! I have found the best way to handle this is to let her go to her room and through a fit, while she tries to accomplish whatever it is she is trying to do at the moment! It is impossible to try and talk to her or help her when she is in one of these moods! Then after awhile she calms down and you can go in a talk to her and help her. So on Saturday night it was time to get jammies on. She usually dresses herself and does a pretty good job. But if it is not perfect . . . Look Out! (She is a little bit of a perfectionist)! So I gave her jammies to put on and of course she tells me, "I wanna do it!" Couple minutes later she is throwing a fit because she put her shirt on backward and can't get it back off! Josh goes to help her and she yells, "No! I wanna do it all by myself!" So he leaves her a lone for awhile, but she can't get this tight little shirt off and continues to throw a fit. Josh goes back to her and fixes her shirt all though the whole time she is saying "NO! I do it!" Then she is just ticked that Josh fixed her shirt and she didn't do it by herself, so the fit continues! So she got in big trouble with her Daddy! She marched off to her room crying, saying "Leave me alone!" After she stopped crying I went in and had a little talk with her! I tried to explain to her that sometimes there are just things that we need help with, but as she gets bigger she will be able to do more and more things by herself! She gave me and big hug and told me "sorry!" I carried her out to the living room with me and we sat down on the couch next to Josh. Taylin just sat on my lap and cuddled with me and kept looking over at Josh. Five or ten minutes goes by and Tay slowly moves her way on to her Daddy's lap! She cuddles on is lap, and another five or ten minutes goes by! Then she looks up at Josh and says, in the sweetest little voice, "Daddy. . . I have something to say!" Josh says "Ok. What, sweetie?" And then she says "Sorry Daddy!" It was adorable and even brought tears to my eyes! So her and Josh had a little heart to heart and she tells him again, "Daddy, I sorry I cry!" It was so cute! Even though she can sure test our patients at times, she can turn around and melt our hearts! I love this little girl so much!




Okay, that is such a sweet little story. I love this age....they are old enough to have a conversation with, and they can say some pretty cute things sometimes. :0)
ReplyDelete