Over the last week or so I have been working on taking all of our 2009 blogs and putting them into a book! I finally finished that up yesterday, and I am very excited to see how it turns out! Anyway. . . while I was going through the blogs I realized that I failed to post about two very important "growing up" milestones that Tay has conquered! So even though this took place almost a couple months ago now, I think it is worthy of a blog post! So here it goes. . . After Taylin and I got home from our trip to Colorado over Christmas, I decided it was time to tackle potty training again! Taylin has been half way potty trained since she was 15 months old (she has been going poopy in the potty since then)! We tried earlier this fall to completely potty train, but after several days of not much success, I guess, I decided that I was not ready to tackle potty training yet! So we waited! So a couple months ago when we got home from Colorado, I decided we were going to hit it hard for a week or two and see how it went! Those of you who have gone through the potty training process before, know that it is not much fun at all in the beginning! We started out on a Monday, with no other plans than to stay home all week and work on nothing but potty training! The first three days went by with no success at all, and just a lot of puddles on the floor for me to clean up! So frustrating! Then on the fourth day, something clicked with Tay! She GOT IT! It was so exciting! I think we might of had one accident that day, but after that she has been great! We don't even wear a diaper or pull ups at night either! She wakes up dry every morning (which she has been doing since about 9 months)! Oh yeah. . . I forgot to mention milestone #2 that she also got over during the same time! After the first day of potty training, when all we had were accidents, Josh came home and told her that if she had one more accident he was going to take her binkis away! Well she had another accident and Josh took all her binkis away! And just like that. . .that was the end of the binkis!!!! Yay! Getting rid of those things was something I was stressing about and dreading! It went much better than I ever could have imagined! So yes, in one week Taylin was completely potty trained and done with her binkis! Just the other day Taylin asked me, "Mommy where are my binkis that Daddy took?" And I told her that they went bye bye, and that we gave them to another little baby who needed them. She was a little upset, but said, "OK Mommy!" I have to admit that it is so nice now not to have to make sure we have a binki with us every time we go somewhere! And although potty training can be very frustrating, in the end, it is one of the most rewarding accomplishments I have experienced as a parent so far!!!!
Bye-bye binki!!!
Yay TayTay!her and all she has accomplished this year already!!




Wow... yeah, those are two BIG milestones! :) Good Job, Tay and Kristin!
ReplyDeleteHooray for potty training and no binki! Lindsey loves to wear dresses too, and she also changes outfits about 5 times a day. It drives me crazy!
ReplyDelete