Thursday, August 30, 2012

Crazy Crazy Colorado!!!

One night, about the first week of August, Josh tells me that we really need to make a trip down to Colorado!  One, so that we could visit my parents and grandparents before we got tied down with Taylin in school, and two, so that Josh and my brothers could make my parents bathroom a little more accessible for my dad in his wheelchair!  So that night, after Josh and I talked about a time when we could go down there, I called my mom and told her we would be coming on the 19th to visit and for the boys to work on their bathroom!  I told her she had two weeks to clear the bathroom, utility room/laundry room, and closet out so that the guys could get right to work when we got there!!  

So we had planned on leaving on Sunday August 19th and going all the way to Gunnison that day!  So I was slowly getting packed and the house cleaned up on Saturday when Josh came home and told me I had about 2 hours to get everything packed and loaded and that we would leave Saturday afternoon!  He had a few things of business to do in Casper on our way and then we headed to Denver for the night!  When we got to Denver we took the kids to eat at the infamous Casa Bonita (Josh had never been there either)!  Then we hustled to a hotel to take the kids swimming before the pool closed!  It was a fun day that I was in need of :)
The next morning we got up and drove the rest of the way to Gunnison!!  Trenten and Kit came with us of course and Presten drove up from Durango that same day!  So the crew was all there and ready to work...AND WORK THEY DID!!!!

My mom has been working cleaning cabins at a resort near Almont during the summer, and the nice couple she works for gave us a cabin to stay at all week for free!  Which worked out great since Josh and the boys wanted us all out of the way!  
While we were there the Pro Cycling Tour happened to be going through Gunnison!  So that was fun to see!  It is crazy ow close they ride together going so fast!!  
Here are some fun pictures of that:
Helicopter filming the race

There they go :)

On Wednesday, my mom, dad, me and the kids took a trip to Grand Junction to sign some papers and to take Taylin school shopping :)

We spent a lot of time with all the Grandma's and Grandpa's...but we were so crazy busy and running around all the time that I failed to take very many pictures...which I am really sad about!

Here are a few pictures of the kids from the week...


Taylin was so excited for all her new school clothes, so I told her we could take her first day of school dress in to Punka and Grandma's one day to model it!!


Hanging on the deck with Gram Gram and Pom Pom (these are there names that Jordan has given them and I think they may just stick :)
Uncle Trent
Uncle Presten

Grandma Audrey took the kids on their shopping trip to Circus Train (a kids dream store), and this was the fun toy Jordan picked out!!  He is so funny with it!!

Ok so for the bathroom....These guys worked their buns off all week!  They did what would normal take about 3 weeks to do, they completed in 6 days...CRAZY!!  Although there were nights that they were up until 3:45 am and back up at 6 am!  There were also a couple late night trips to Montrose to go to Home Depot!  There were a few times I left the kids with Gram Gram and Pom Pom, or Grandma and Grandpa Cook, or Punka and Grandma, and the went to help do some cleaning to get the house and bathroom ready for the big reveal!  The best part was that my parents really had no idea what the guys were going to do!  I don't think they had any idea that they would be getting a whole new bathroom :)

So here are the before pictures...
Utility room, laundry room, my Mom's closet 
washer and dryer
Old pantry
Dad's closet
Kit hard at work in the closet
Their old tiny little bathroom
Old vanity
Little closet and shower
Vanity again

And then they made a big mess of it all...



And then the real fun began...
Utility room
Their new master closet in the making
Looking from the closet into the bathroom
Looking from bathroom into closet and then on to laundry/utility
Bathroom in the making
Shower in progress
Bathtub in the making!! 
Working on tile

All done :) 
And it turned out BEAUTIFUL!!  These guys are amazing :)
I think the shower is my favorite part
Shower
Shower again
Little storage by shower

Vanity and toilet

Bathtub...AWESOME :)
Looking into the bathroom
Little bit of the closet
More closet :)
Looking into the utility/laundry room

I cannot even explain to you how hard these guys worked to get this all done in a week!!  I mean Josh even moved and re-did plumbing and electrical!  On the way home Josh and I were talking about how many sub contractors they would of had to hire to do this job:
1. Demolition crew
2. Framing
3. Plumbing
4. Electrical
5. Drywall
6. Painters
7. Tile
8. Cabinet/decor
IS that it?!?  CRAZY!

I am so proud of these guys and all they did!  And I have to say I LOVE my husband soooo much!  I don't think I have ever met someone as caring and generous as he is!  He went above and beyond to give my parents the best bathroom!  He is amazing :)

So Sunday morning after packing up all our stuff at the cabin and getting it all cleaned up, we headed back to the house!  It was so exciting to take my parents home to show them their new bathroom, utility/laundry room, and closet!  It was so cute, for those of you who know Presten, you know he does not show his excitement and emotions much...well he was soooo excited for my parents to get there!  Wish I would of took a picture or video of him :)

 Here is a video of my parents seeing their new bathroom for the first time...they were moved to tears!  Mine and Trenten's favorite part of this video is when Presten even wipes a tear...hehe just kidding Pres :)

I am pretty sure it is safe to say my parents are absolutely in love with their new bathroom!  They were moved to tears!  And I am sooo happy we were able to come down and visit them and be able to do this for them!!!  It was a fabulous trip to COLORADO!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you explained to me all that they did, but this looks amazing! And in a week! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete