Thursday, July 28, 2011

Gratitude

My thoughts are all over the place right now, so I hope I can make some sense! Over the last few weeks I have been following some blogs of some friends who are going through some very difficult trials in their lives right now! One...has a 3 year old little boy that has been in the hospital off and on since he has been born and has had several heart surgeries! I have read this mothers blog posts of the struggles they are going through, and her gratitude for each day they have with their little guy! Another...has just had a baby 3 months early, and the doctors do not expect this precious little girl to survive, as she has already battled infection after infection! These stories break my heart! I sit here and read their blogs and cry, as I hope and pray for some improvement for them! And my heart is full of gratitude! As Josh and I have had our own struggles having children, I feel that it is nothing compared to what these parents are going through! Whenever you think that life is so hard, just know that there are others out there that have it a lot harder than you! And then be grateful for the trials you are given, for they make us stronger! And be so grateful for all you have been blessed with! I am indeed grateful for the two healthy children I have been blessed with! They are my pride and joy! They are my life and I love them with all my heart! It is truly amazing to be blessed with healthy pregnancies and healthy children... for I cannot imagine the pain and heart ache that these parents are going through! Stories like these always remind me of just how blessed I am, and then I go and hug my kids a little tighter! I love watching Taylin sing and dance and cheer! She is growing up so fast lately! And I love being greeted by a big smile from Jordan when I walk in the room to get him from his nap! And I love watching him grow and learn! I get as excited as he does when he does something new! And I absolutely love watching these two play together... there is nothing sweeter then the sound of their giggles! I love how they adore each other! And I am so thankful for the opportunity to be able to experience the small things with them...because not all parents get to experience the small things! My heart is full of gratitude to my Father in Heaven for giving me the opportunity to be a mother! What an incredible responsibility this is, nothing else could possibly bring me as much happiness and joy as being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment