Sunday, October 24, 2010

Introducting...

Jordan Michael Hatch
Born: Wednesday October 20, 2010 (10/20/10) at about 7:50 am
Weight: 6 lbs. 12.8 oz
Height: 18 1/4 "
After coming down with a nasty cold and cough over a week ago, I was hoping and praying that this baby would wait to come until I was healthy! But obviously he had his own ideas! I was so unprepared due to being sick. I had been taking it easy trying to get us all healthy before the baby came so a lot of things had been pushed aside. Like the piles of laundry that needed to be folded. We were also in the middle of making fruit leather! So Wednesday morning at about 3:30 am, I woke up to go to the bathroom. As I was opening the bathroom door to go back to bed. . . MY WATER BREAKS! And all I can think is "Oh no! Not now! Not while I am sick! There is still so much I wanted to get done!" So I yell to Josh and tell him that my water had broken. As I get in the shower I tell him to call our friend who would be coming over to stay with Taylin and get ready to go! We left for the hospital at about 4 am! Once we got there and got into a room and everything, the nurse checks me and I am dilated to a 5 with contractions about 2 or 3 minutes apart! When the nurse checked me she also realized that the baby's head was not there! Now this baby had been head down for months now! So within just the last week the baby decided to turn around! Which meant they had to give me a shot to stop my contractions and get ready for an emergency c-section! Which I was extremely bummed about and still bummed about! But what can you do! Ornery little guy, anyways! Although I love him to pieces already! So by 7:30 I was in the operating room and they started the c-section, and by 7:50 we had a SON! It is still so weird to be saying son, he, him, boy! Everything went really well, and Jordan is a healthy little guy for being born at 37 weeks! I think I would be feeling better if I didn't still have this cough that feels like I might rip apart every time I cough! But hopefully that will be gone soon! And on top of that I have had a tooth ache that I have been waiting for my cough to go away so I can go see a dentist about that! The nice thing about that is the pain meds they have given me also help with the tooth ache :) We all came home Friday morning and we are doing wonderfully, loving every minute with our two beautiful kiddos: )

Don't get me wrong, Josh loves his baby girl, but he is thrilled to have his boy!!!

Proud Daddy
Daddy, Jordan, and Mommy
Daddy and Jordan
So sweet

The very proud big sister! I put together a gift bag to give to Taylin from Jordan! She absolutely adores Jordan! When she came to the hospital to see us, she told me "Mom. . . my baby brother is out, now we can have a sister baby!" Hehehe! I hope she will give me some time to recover: )
Holding her baby brother for the first time!
Heading home!

When we went to pick up Tay from a friends house on our way home Friday, she asked Josh if they were going to go see her baby brother at the hospital! And she was beyond excited to learn that her baby brother and Mommy were in the car and we were going home!

The next morning after coming home, Taylin was up at 7am, which is very early for her! But she was just so excited to see her baby brother! So by the afternoon, she feel asleep coloring!

First bath at home
So very proud
She just loves that baby
My cute kiddos!

One of the nurses told me that she loves her girls, but there is just something about a little boy and momma! And I can already see what she means, he has already stolen my heart! So thankful for my cute little family!
And thanks so much to all our family and friends for the help, love and support this week and always! we love you guys!

4 comments:

  1. HE is beautiful, Kristen! Congratulations! Sorry about the c-section and cough together! Having had 2 c-sections,... I remember how bad it hurt to cough afterwards! Yikes!
    You truly do have a beautiful family. So very happy for you. Enjoy every minute and yes, there is some special bond between Mommy and Son. My little booger gets away with murder compared to his Sister, but she was my little angel, he is my little monster... and I wouldn't have it any other way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! I love the pics. Glad everything went well.:) I can't imagine having a cough and just having a c-section..ugh! Sorry, hope that cough goes away soon. Your kids are adorable!!! Congrats again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm here crying as I'm looking at them. I am just sooo happy for you guys!! You deserve it, he is such a handsome little guy. I really hate being so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful baby boy!!! I am soooo very happy for you. I hope you heal up quickly and that your cough goes away fast so you can just relax with you two cuties. :)

    ReplyDelete