Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012 and our BIG Surprise :)

Christmas this year was a little bitter sweet!  Christmas is always a happy occasion and even better when the whole family is together, but we all missed Dad!  There were times that I kept thinking he was going to walk in the door and start busting out jokes!  There were several tears shed during the day and a few times that I just broke down as I thought about how this would of been the perfect Christmas for my Dad!  As we headed to Punka and Grandma's like we do every Christmas Eve, tears swelled my eyes and emotion over came me...the snow was coming down hard and my Dad always loved when it snowed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!  My Dad's presence was missed by all of us that night, as I said I kept thinking he was going to get off work and come walking through the door an minute like every year before!

Some how I can only find this one picture from Christmas Eve...How did that happen?  I am sure there are more somewhere!  I guess that is what I get for being so far behind with the blog!

CHRISTMAS DAY
Santa came!!


 The kids coming down stairs Christmas morning
 So Santa ;) got Jordan a boy baby doll...As we were setting up the stuff the night before, Josh asked me why I got him a doll!  He plays with his sisters dolls all the time...so I said just wait he is going to love it! Well Christmas morning when he came down stairs the first thing he saw was the doll and ran right to it saying "baby," picked it up and gave it loves :)  Told ya so :D







 Several emotional moments throughout the day!

Our BIG Surprise!
So we had so exciting news to share with everyone Christmas morning...I had got these t-shirts for the kids to wear and we put them on them and just waited for someone to notice them!  Well no one noticed...so I finally had them go show Grandma their shirts...

 Hatchling #3 will join our family in June and we are so excited!
I was about 16 weeks at Christmas!
This was a bitter sweet moment for me as well!  It was so exciting to finally tell everyone, but I was sad that Dad wasn't their to join in on the excitement!  He loved being a Grandpa more than anything and I knew this would just make his Christmas!

We spent the rest of the day doing exactly what my Dad would of loved...
Grandma and Grandpa Cook, and Uncle Randy came over for our traditional cinnamon rolls and wassel, and we also opened presents!  Later we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's for a yummy Christmas dinner!  Then we went sledding, which Dad would of had a blast doing!
 Jordan and Daddy
 Presten, Josh, Bryten, Trenten, and Taylin
 Bryten, Trenten, Tasha, and Presten

Jordan and Grandma
 Too much fun and excitement for this little guy!



 Josh and I
 Tasha and Presten
Later that evening we went over to Punka and Grandma's for some leftovers and to share our news with them!  It was a fun filled day for all of us and I know Dad was there with us and enjoyed every minute of it pain free :)

No comments:

Post a Comment